What are cookies?
Cookies are any type of file or device that are downloaded onto a user’s end terminal and used to store data that can be updated and recovered by the person or organisation that installed them.
Types of cookies
By managing company:
– Own cookies: cookies sent to the user’s terminal equipment from equipment or a domain managed by the editor, where the service requested by the user is located.
– Third party cookies: cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from equipment or a domain that is not managed by the editor but by another entity that processes the data obtained from cookies.
By length of time they remain activated:
– Session cookies: cookies designed to gather and store data while the user accesses a website. They are normally used to store data that is only required to provide the service requested by the user on one occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
– Persistent cookies: cookies that keep data stored on the terminal that can be accessed and processed for a period of time set by the cookie manager (this can be from one minute to several years).
– Technical cookies: cookies that allow the user to browse a website or access a platform or application and use its different options or services, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted areas, record data in an order, complete the purchasing process from an order, complete registration requests or register event participation, apply security features during browsing, store content for disseminating videos and audio files or share content on social media networks.
– Customisation cookies: cookies that allow the user to access the service and that have some general, pre-established characteristics depending on a series of criteria at the user’s terminal, for example, language, the type of browser used to access the service, regional configuration at the location where the service is accessed, etc.
– Analysis cookies: cookies that allow the cookie manager to monitor and analyse user behaviour on the websites where the cookies are found. The information gathered by this type of cookie is used to measure activity on the websites, applications and platforms and to create user browsing profiles for these websites, applications and platforms with the aim of making improvements depending on the data analysis of how users use the service.
– Advertising cookies: cookies that are used for the most effective management possible of advertising space, if applicable, included by the editor on a website, application or platform from where the requested service is provided based on criteria such as the content that is published and how often the adverts are shown.
– Behavioural advertising cookies: cookies that are used for the most effective management possible of advertising space that, if applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from where the requested service is provided. These cookies store information about user behaviour obtained by continuously observing their browsing habits; this information is used to develop a specific profile so that targeted advertising can be shown.
What type of cookies does this website use?
VARMA issues the following cookies:
|NAME||ID||TYPE||FINALITY||FURTHER INFORMATION||COOKIES MANAGER|
|_icl_current_language||Personalization||for the language||MARQUÉS DE VARGAS|
|age_verify||Personalization||to control the legal age||MARQUÉS DE VARGAS|
|wpml_browser_redirect_test||Personalization||to detect the language navigation||MARQUÉS DE VARGAS|
|_ga||2 years||to distinguish the users||MARQUÉS DE VARGAS|
|_gat||10 minutes||to limit de number of applications||MARQUÉS DE VARGAS|
To delete cookies from your browser:
Cookies can be managed through the browser settings on your computer. The following links provide information about the type of cookies that have been installed and how to block or delete them from your computer. Below are the relevant links by browser type:
- Firefox: http://suppormozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: http://supporgoogle.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=es_ES&viewlocale=es_ES
- Explorer: http://wimicrosoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html